SafeNet GOLD OTP Product Brief
SafeNet GOLD OTP
OTP Authenticator with Challenge Response
Designed to protect identities and secure access, SafeNet’s GOLD authenticator is a highly effective two-factor OTP device that offers the added security of PIN protection and challenge response.
Straightforward to use, yet offering an added layer of security beyond regular one-time passwords, the GOLD is activated with a personal identification number (PIN), which prompts the authenticator to provide a one-time, dynamic password. The user then enters this password into the Web or network application to authenticate their identity.
The GOLD authenticator gives online services providers, such as banks, payment portals and brokers/dealers, a highly secure means of offering their customers a protected online environment for carrying out financial transactions and accessing confidential information.
In addition to offering PIN protection, GOLD’s advanced OTP and challenge response capabilities are designed to combat online fraud such as phishing, and help online service providers and banks maintain password integrity by making it more difficult for customers to loose or share passwords. The challenge response mechanism requires users to validate a numeric challenge on their GOLD authenticator. Only after validation, does the GOLD generate an OTP passcode which is used to complete the authentication procedure.
Flexible and Scalable Management
The GOLD authenticator is available with the SafeWord 2008 “out of the box” OTP authentication solution suite, or with the SafeNet Authentication Manager enterprise platform. Both management platforms offer flexibility and scalability, allowing organizations to centrally manage GOLD with other SafeNet authenticators, or add these in the future as business needs grow.
- OTP Security algorithm:
- X9.9 – Challenge response algorithm
- Synchronous – proprietary event based algorithm
- Operating temperature: 0˚ to 70˚C
- Storage temperature: -30˚ to 80 ˚C
- Humidity rating: Up to 100%
- Battery lifetime: 7 years
- Casing: Hard molded plastic, tamper evident
Features & Benefits
- Provides secure remote access with the additional security of hardware PIN protection and challenge response to networks, applications, and web-based services
- Portable and easy to use with a large, user-friendly display
- Flexible management platforms allow you to expand to advanced certificate-based security applications as your needs evolve
- Enables organizations to meet regulatory compliance initiatives requiring two-factor authentication